Monday, May 31, 2010

The Prototype...

So, a few months ago, I was out and about at this club that I hadn't been to in YEARS and wouldn't have been there that night if it wasn't my girl's birthday.  In retrospect it's absolutely amazing to me that I had gotten in the bed that night and got back up to go out.  I got there around 1ish.  I found my friends and chilled for a minute, but I knew the bar would be closing soon, so I asked if anyone else wanted drinks and went to get mine.  The first time I got a long island.  It was good, but it went fast.  I wanted a shot, so I went back to the bar for shots of my fave, Patron.  I get my shots and was waiting for my change when I heard, "One of those for me?"  In my typical Fabulous Ms. Cat fashion, I turned around and shot the woolly creature an evil stare, smiled and walked away.  After the shots were consumed, I returned to the bar for my last drink, another long island.  Now, the woolly creature has walked up to me, "I asked you if one of those shots were mine and you gave me an evil look.  What did I do to you?"  I simply replied, "Do you want a shot?"  I'm very big on getting to the point of a conversation, not really one for small talk.  He replies, "Nah, I'm good."  He takes a huge gulp from him water bottle, like it was the best water he ever drank in his life.  I don't know how the conversation started from there, I think he had sense enough to ask for my name.  Turned out the woolly lumberjack guy was from the A.  Wasn't expecting him to be a hometown hero, but that gave him bonus points.  We had a long conversation, about seemingly any and everything, which was really weird considering I was so completely out of my element.  I remember talking about needing to take a social media sabbatical, as (according to my logic) anyone who made any real money doesn't spend countless hours of time on Facebook or Twitter.  He replied "Most people wouldn't know a millionaire if they met one."  This was probably a seemingly harmless comment he threw out,  but it sent off bells in my head.  I'm thinking, "There's something to this dude, he isn't watered down or stupid like the typical dudes I'm used to meeting."  Apparently, our conversation didn't just seem long to me, eventually my friends came looking for me, like "Girl, we about to go!"  The party animal in me is like, I got dressed and only been out for an hour.  But I was dolo, so I said goodnight and opted to hit up an after hours spot with the woolly creature.  Obviously, I had had a few to drink, but I'm very sensitive to people's energy, and he didn't strike me as a threat.  I gave my girls the ok and hit up the after hours spot.  I HAD A FREAKING BALL!  I thought I was out with Jay-z for a minute.  lol  I'm still watching his every move, like trying to figure out what's up with this dude.  Some kind of way we parted paths without exchanging numbers.  Also, not like me, I'm so big on networking and he definitely had SOMETHING to offer or teach me, even if I couldn't put my finger on it at that particular moment.

The next morning, further proving my hypothesis that social media is the devil, I searched for him, by only his first name, because that's all I knew...Again, how the hell did that happen?  However, surprisingly he wasn't hard to find as we had mutual friends.  So, he was at the top of my search results.  I requested him as a friend and sent a friendly message, "Told you FB was the devil.  I'd like to see you again" and added my number at the end of the message.  He confirmed my friend request the next day, but nothing...no message back, no call back, no text "hey, here's my number."  By this time of course, I've scoured his page trying to get some insight into his character, because there's some reason, this guy is so heavy on my spirit.  MONTHS go by, still nothing, and my friends are tired of hearing about this guy who no one probably believes exists (besides the people who met him the same night I did).  Randomly, all of a sudden, I see ridiculous amounts of friends being added to his account.  Now, I'm confused.  So, I go back to his page.  Apparently dude had been on tv.  I would never know, because I don't have cable, and barely know how to turn my tv on.  Now, I'm amused...WOW! lol  People are posting the most outrageous things to his page, and now all of sudden, my pride won't let me sweat him.  Even though I'm obviously sweating him, because MONTHS later, I'm still talking about this chance meeting with the woolly creature...except now, he was looking VERY WELL put together.  He cleans up very nicely.
All I could think about was that night we hung out and how incredibly intelligent and humble he was.  Dudes usually want to talk to me about their cars or who they know or how much they spent at the mall or how much they're gonna spend when they get it.  I'm usually extremely bored with dudes I meet in the club.  The conversations usually produce a blank stare (my reaction, when I'm not quite sure what the hell to say).  However, by him, I was very taken aback.  But also proud for some reason.  Like that's really dope, YOU GO BOY! I was secretly cheering him on, for what I don't really know, but I was loving his swagger.  I woke up one morning after yet another night of clubbing to a message from the woolly creature in my Facebook inbox : Sup, I need your number, I lost it.  I knew at this point  he had been SUPER-sweated and was shocked that he even remembered me to be honest.  We had a really light conversation, but I was glad to hear from him and even happier that he hadn't seemed to lose his sense of humility.  That made him incredibly sexy to me.  From time to time I see him doing a little something here and there.  It makes me smile.  He doesn't have to be THE ONE, but he's definitely THE PROTOTYPE.  XOXO, Woolly Creature...Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment