Friday, May 28, 2010

Love to be loved...

Despite what I may say out of my mouth, there's nothing I want more than to be LOVED.  I mean, there are so many things that I excel in or that I'm great at doing, none of them entail choosing mates that want to love ME.  I'm great at loving people.  I would assume I get it from my mother.  My mother loved everybody, whether they deserved it or not.  So, I guess I have some of that in me also.  Maybe it was watching soap operas as a child or reading those damn Disney fairy tales.

Like how come I haven't had my Pretty Woman moment, or fallen in love with my Prince Hakeem?   Why don't I wake up to a house full of flowers or surprise trips overseas?  I meet sooooooo many people and have spent  time with sooooo many people and IT, just never seems to happen.  Maybe it's me.  Maybe I expect a disaster and ruin all hopes.
I always envision my lover being my best friend.  I know that sounds absolutely absurd in the days of Let-me-get-you-before-you-get-me.  But I really want a Homieloverfriend.  Y'all know what I'm talking about!  lol... I go to great lengths to let people know how I feel about them.  But that's null and void when the feelings aren't reciprocated.  I don't know, but I hope it happens soon...Like Jay says "All I need is a partner to play cards with the cards up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment