Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chivalry is definitely dead...or close to extinct...

So today, I ran out to the bank and on the way bank, probably just because my mind was in a fog, I ran over a tree branch/vine thingie...I didn't think anything of it, thinking it would probably work it's way out or break off...Until I heard this loud scraping.! I pull over, turn my hazard lights on and get out to look.  As I'm bending over to look, the FedEx man, pulls up behind me, stops beside my car at the stop sign and makes eye contact and zooms off.  Now, I don't know if I was supposed to wave him down or if I was just plain wrong in the first place for expecting some strange man to help me.  But this I do know.  If I'd had on a short dress he would've stopped and asked for my number, what's up with that?  So, I come in the house and tell my friend about it who'd been begging to come over all week.  His solution was for moi to climb under there and get it out.  I'm thinking, ALL WEEK you been trying to come over, but when I need you all of a sudden I should do it myself?  I called my angel, he should be here shortly to assist me.  Just made me wonder.  Is chivalry dead, or are women too independent? Or both?

No comments:

Post a Comment