Monday, September 21, 2009

Monsoon Season in Georgia

I am a native Atlantan.  I was born in Atlanta, raised in Atlanta, moved away, but came right back to Atlanta.  I have never seen rain like this before in Atlanta.   For the past week, it has been raining seemingly nonstop.  Typically, I am a huge fan of the rain. I believe rain has cleansing effects for both your spirit and for the earth.  Considering there have been times where we were in dire need of rain, maybe we attracted this torrential downpour.  I haven't left my house, but I have seen the pictures where people were trying to get out and about but were terribly delayed because of the flooding.  It is causing a great deal of stress for people, besides the fact that it is just plain dangerous.  According to a yahoo article as much as 20 inches has fallen in the metro area over the past few days.  2 people have died and many are missing. It is so unfortunate and scary. 
 Heavy Rains in Southeast  

Last night, in a freakish insomnia, I layed awake watching the lightening, however, there was no rain or thunder.  the more pictures I see and stories I hear, I become terribly concerned. 

1 comment: