Monday, September 21, 2009

I Probably Shouldn't Tell You

I Probably Shouldn't Tell You

I probably shouldn't tell you that I think you're beautiful,
Or that you're the same color as chocolate,
Except you're ten times sweeter!

I probably shouldn't tell you that I think of you often,
I love your smile and your ambition.

I probably shouldn't tell you that I appreciate you,
You took a chance on me,
You didn't have to.

I probably shouldn't tell you that you've changed my life,
Given me hope,
Made me stronger,
and inspired me.

I probably shouldn't tell you that I know I'm not the woman I used to be,
But I thank you for caring enough to hold me accountable.

I probably shouldn't tell you that I LOVE when you hold me,
and when you're not here,
I pretend that you are.

I probably shouldn't tell you that you haunt my dreams,
In every blissful moment,
I see you there.

I probably shouldn't tell you that I trust you,
Even when you don't keep your word,
Because you are human.

I probably shouldn't tell you that even when I get mad,
I know that you mean me no harm.

I probably should tell you that
I AM WIDE OPEN
....
But I think you already know.


No comments:

Post a Comment