Monday, August 23, 2010

When it rains it pours...

I'm very big on God speaking to us through other people, situations, etc. I went to visit my mother's grave for the for time by myself yesterday. I was very nervous, but glad that I went. This is her gravemarker, it was the first time that I'd seen it since it had been done about a month ago.


In addition, I found out recently that a former classmate of mine died in a car accident. Her funeral was this past Saturday. I was very sad to hear of her death. She was a very sweet spirit and I felt like I'd just seen her recently. Between that and the visit to my mother's grave, I have been very reflective. I had a car accident a couple of months ago and survived. I'd been saying that God must have some big plans for me, because the other driver left me for dead. I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately and decided in an effort to gather myself, I'd treat myself to a staycation. Upon entering my hotel room, I noticed that the faucet in the bathroom was running...I went to it and tried to turn it off, but it just kept going. I couldn't find the proper position to make it stop leaking. I'd eaten what I bought for dinner, but a few hours later, I found myself hungry again and decided to walk to the Ruby Tuesdays nearby. I ordered a Patron margarita and everything I thought that I wanted to eat. As I looked at the bill surprised that I'd spent so much on just me eating. I was grateful. That I had the money to purchase whatever I wanted. Not to long ago, there was a time when I was eating Ramen noodles everyday. Purposefully walking back to my room, I walked past The Art Institute of Atlanta. I was intrigued by the window displays, the fabrics and the mannequins...the sign that read "
Fashion & Retail Management." Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE fashion and it has been my dream since childhood to be a fashion designer. I visited with a friend yesterday who gave me the book, "The Dreamgiver" by Bruce Wilkinson. I feel like all of this is a sign. My dream came to me again for a reason. Now, "Night at the Roxbury" is on, reminding me of my dream to be a club owner. On the way back, I looked up, and noticed there was a full moon. I walked back to my room and once again looked at the leaking faucet. It wasn't just dripping. It was pouring out of the faucet. For some reason I looked at it and felt like it was a metaphor for my life. God is pouring so much positivity into my life. I am incredibly sad in my life, because I miss my mother so much. However, that leaky faucet was a sign to me that God hasn't left me and He will continue to pour a blessing into my life....Thank God! Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment